CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Trying to Beat the Heat!

Now that summer is in full swing, the heat in South Louisiana has become its own person. Even as early as 9:00 a.m. it has become much too hot for our favorite go-to activity, going to the park. So I am trying to get creative and try new ways for Belen and I to spend time together.

This morning Belen helped me bake blueberry muffins. She poured the milk and stirred the batter. She watched as I put the muffins in the oven, and we made sure to check on them often so that she could connect the batter that we made with the muffins that we would eat. Belen loves to take credit for her work, (she always points at the artwork on the fridge and says, "I made it!") so I was hoping she would understand that SHE made the muffins. I don't know if she did or not, but she sure had fun mixing the batter. I showed her how to dip her finger in to taste, and it was all over her face in two seconds! Good thing only she and I were eating them!

Belen enjoying the muffins SHE made.

Unfortunately, I have gotten into the habit of reading magazines while Belen and I eat. (It is hard to keep a 20 minute conversation going with a 1 1/2 year old who is busy stuffing her face!) That will have to be a bad habit that I pull the plug on. While eating breakfast, Belen said, "I read. Book." I realized that she was watching me read and wanted to as well. So I got one of her Chick-fil-A kids meal books for her to look at. That was not good enough! She wanted MY book. I guess she thinks that you are supposed to read magazines while eating! hahaha

Belen emulating Mommy. Unless, of course, she really
IS interested in hiking the trails of Yosemite after dark.

Prayerfully I will let this be a lesson to me. Belen will watch everything I do and learn about the world from it. I need to be conscience to model things that will benefit her, bring her closer to God and her family, and teach her to love and value others.

Love,

Dawn

2 comments:

Mary

At least give that kid a PoV!! LOL!

I used to read at the table all the time. We had a glass tabletop, so I could put my book in my lap and read and eat!

Dawn Stevens

She had already read the latest issue of POV! We read that the day it comes out! j/k

Post a Comment