CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 31, 2010

Let the Decorating Commence!

I've recently started to worry that Belen would reach her first birthday without having any real decorations to speak of for her room. So I've been on a mission to remedy the situation. Unfortunately, with Japanese Magnolias as the inspiration for the room, I have been unable to find many decorations that I can purchase. So I've had to take the decorating into my own hands.

First I made a decorative bow holder with her initial, then we hung the few decorations that we were given at her baby shower. The last few days I have been working on a modern art interpretation of a Japanese Magnolia branch to hang in a frame on her wall. I used a graphic design of the branch and scrap booking paper to make a kind of collage. I am really happy with the way it turned out. Now for the big test.... will Belen like it when she is 8 years old?!

My Japanese Magnolia Collage

Finally there are decorations on her walls!

Love,

Dawn


1 comments:

Beth Celestin

Hey Dawn! I LOVE the blog! I'm passing it on to my mom- she'll enjoy keeping up with y'all to. Oh yeah, and your Japanese Magnolia art is beautiful! I'm sure Belen will love it forever :)

Post a Comment